What you’ll find below is list of ten job-networking tips to help those in transition or ready to make a move. The sixth one is one I learned long ago when seeking employment and is often a hard one for people to understand. As you read through them, do you see other applications? Are they only for those seeking new employment or could they be useful to a small business owner to help grow one’s business… I think so!
1. Truly know what talents you offer
2. Prepare an “elevator speech”
3. Use your existing connections
4. Target professional groups
5. Show a genuine interest in others
6. Don’t ask for a job (or business)
7. Honor relationships
8. Follow through on promises
9. Maintain your associations with others
10. Use online platforms to extend your network
"Networking is not about just connecting people.
It's about connecting people with people, people with ideas, and people with opportunities." - Michele Jennae