Toastmasters International is highly respected for their education and support at chapters worldwide primarily for individuals seeking to improve their public speaking skills. But if we look at this list called The 10 Commandments of Communication, can we apply these concepts in our personal conversations daily both professionally and with family and friends?
1. Listen generously
2. Say what you mean. and mean what you say
3. Use the fewest words with the fewest syllables
4. Align with your audience
5. Be specific
6. Suit the action to the word…the word to the action
7. Structure your speech
8. Speak to be understood
9. Speak for the benefit of others
10. Speak from your highest self
“Communication is a skill that you can learn. It’s like riding a bicycle or typing.
If you’re willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of every part of your life.”
- Brian Tracy