It’s a week before Valentine’s Day, you may be thinking of gifts for loved ones or co-workers.
In today’s world of plenty, sometimes it’s a challenge to find the right and perfect gift. For those of us in the developed world, we are surrounded by an abundance of material things that are also easily attainable. So, to be different, consider instead the gift of experience.
An experience gift is something that you do together that creates a lasting memory for both of you. Here are a just few ideas for experience gifts:
- a “coupon” for special breakfast in bed (or somewhere else in your home)
- arrange a unique date night for your parents or grandparents
- ice skating on the local pond
- picnic on the beach or at a local park
- a “certificate” for your time allowing the other person to spend it with you
- a game night with special friends
- a getaway weekend at a spa
- two tickets to that thing they love
- a short road trip
- take the kids outside to do something educational or fun, give them some choices
- a gift certificate for a series of four coaching sessions
As you can see, “the sky’s the limit” in the ways you can give the gift of experience. If you have your own creative ideas, feel free to share.
“Fill your life with experiences. Not things.
Have stories to tell, not stuff to show." - Anonymous